Successful account managers excel at crafting strategies to attract and retain customers. When you apply for jobs, you need to market yourself and convince employers they can benefit from your skills and knowledge. The success of your job search depends on your ability to use the sections of your resume to showcase the qualities that make you an outstanding professional.
While the writing process may sound challenging, there are some things you can do to make it easier for yourself. Topping the list of helpful resources are our account management resume templates and useful tips.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Account Management Experience
Hiring managers have no time to peruse every resume. Unless your writing gives them reason to dig deeper, they may just pass over a resume that fails to engage. Account managers may work in various fields, but what they all have in common is the ability to connect with a customer base. Our account management resume templates show you how work experience entries can promote you as a great candidate:
• Reach out to prospective clients to discuss how the company can best meet their needs and update existing clients on news of interest
• Strategize marketing campaigns, collaborating with sales, marketing, and design departments
• Research market conditions and forecasting to identify needs and interests of customer base
• Prepare promotional presentations to explain types of products and services, along with their benefits to specific types of clients
• Track and analyze results of promotional campaigns to identify strengths and weaknesses
Account Management Resume Tips
If you want your resume to look more like the account management resume templates you see here, a few easy steps can help you achieve your goal. Proofread for spelling, grammar, and consistency. Only put accurate information on your resume, as even unintentionally misleading details can derail your job search.
1. Personalize Your Account Management Resume: Many employers today use an applicant tracking system to select only resumes that include certain key terms. Raise your chance of passing the ATS by using phrases the company uses in its listing and on its website when you describe your experiences and skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Let employers know why they should keep reading by introducing yourself with interesting writing that provides vital information. Avoid fillers or general descriptions.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Unique achievements and metrics help you stand out. Instead of getting lost among the many other candidates describing themselves as customer-oriented, describe how you increased yearly subscriptions by 15%.
Account Management Resume Templates
Looking over real account management resume templates from accomplished professionals can help you take your own resume to the next level. If you would like additional help, use this effective resume builder . Among other features, it provides industry-specific descriptions and proper section organization.
- Account Management Example 1
Program Sales Account Executive – SYSCO Food Services January 2000 – Current // Philadelphia () -Directed other SYSCO Account Executives to follow SODEXO/ENTEGRA programs, promotions, and product compliance. -Analyzed custo... more 2
- Account Management Example 2
Marketing Assistant (June 2016 – September 2016)Midstate College, Peoria, Illinois – Assisted in award application writing. – Assisted in creation of an SEO campaign. – Designed documents distributed to student... more 3
- Account Management Example 3
2011 – Present / Florida Virtual: Global Services, Orlando, FL Account Manager Provided sales and support for TN, LA, KY, VA, DC and WV. Responsible for bringing in new business and maintaining existing client base. Met and exceeded... more 4
- Account Management Example 4
Account Executive (10/2003 – 12/2011)Merck & Company, New York, NY, USA Regional account responsibility for UHC/Oxford NY, GHI/EmblemHealth, Empire BCBS, Healthfirst, New York Hotel Trade, Fidelis Care NY, and Cigna NY. Pri... more 5
- Account Management Example 5
ander se Objective Sales Associate position where my 5 years of sales experience can be fully utilized to improve sales bottom line and the company revenues. Work history Contract Negotiator (2015 – Present)ECC Technologies, Ralei... more 6
- Account Management Example 6
Territory Sales Manager, 2013 – present Clifford Power Systems, Little Rock, AR Introduced the marketplace to Generac Industrial Power products which historically was a tarnished or unknown brand in the state of Arkansas. Performe... more 7
- Account Management Example 7
PPG Industries, Baton Rouge, La (United States) Territory Manager, 10/2014 – Present Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ra... more 8
- Account Management Example 8
RF & Microwave Product Manager – ( 2010 – current) Component Distributors, Inc., Schaumburg, IL (USA) Responsible 10 manufacturers totally over 9M in sales per year. Job responsibilities include data base maintenance i... more 9
- Account Management Example 9
) Experience SEO Analyst – On Target Digital (Feb 2013/March 2014) Dallas, Texas (United States) Presented periodical campaign reports to customers. Performed several viral marketing techniques, search engine optimization actio... more 10
- Account Management Example 10
Corporal/ Field Training Officer – Maximum Security Unit April 2016 – Present // Tucker (United States) Identified personnel and people who entered in the building. Reported and cared for diverse irregularities such as leak... more