Small business owners and entrepreneurs may be their own bosses, but they may also have to write and submit resumes. Some agencies that connect independent workers with clients may want owners and operators to set forth their qualifications in a resume. This document can also complement a portfolio of work by summing up your background and the extent of your experience.
Our writing guidelines address the requirements for resumes and unique factors that entrepreneurs and business owners should consider. We also maintain a collection of small business and entrepreneurship resume templates that provide examples of ways to write a great resume.
Free Management Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional management resumes.
How To Mention Your Small Business and Entrepreneurship Experience
The work history section on the resume of an entrepreneur or small business owner may resemble that of a conventional employee, or the writer may structure experience on the basis of gigs or projects. View resumes written by independent workers in our collection of small business and entrepreneurship resume templates.
• Plan short- and long-term operational agendas and budgets to promote the success of a business
• Maintain accurate and detailed financial records for use in planning and tax preparation and filing
• Establish and cultivate relationships with clients to obtain repeat business, positive customer testimonials, and referrals
• Create online marketing campaigns to increase visibility for a lower cost than conventional advertising methods
• Hire contractors and employees and process onboarding as well as payroll and tax filing information
Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resume Tips
Small business owners and entrepreneurs should consider the interests or needs of an agency, client, or other readers. Taking the time to do so may help you determine how to portray your skills and experience. Browse our small business and entrepreneurship resume templates to see documents written by jobseekers like you.
1. Personalize Your Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resume: Personalizing a resume may be easier for business owners and entrepreneurs than regular employees. Your experience is likely to be unique, and you may need to focus on specific abilities.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Sum up the amount of time you have owned or operated your own venture. You may also refer to full- or part-time employee positions or projects that exemplify your work.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Make a positive impression on an agency, client, or other parties possible by trying to be as specific as possible when describing your abilities or work experience in your resume.
Small Business and Entrepreneurship Resume Templates
Our small business and entrepreneurship resume templates can help you write a better resume. Refer to these real-world examples to ensure that you include necessary information and discover ways to make your resume easier to skim. You can save time by using the resume builder from My Perfect Resume.
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 1
Competed at a Startup weekend. My group was comprised of high schoolers and we competed against adults. Our product, Velo, was a VR program that would aid gyms to get more people on their bikes as this program allowed 360 VR which had not... more 2
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 2
Crowdsurf Inc, San Francisco, California (United States) Transcriptionist, January 2015 – Present Transcribed audio and video for a variety of clients. Provided subtitles and accessibility options for viewers. Involved a variety o... more 3
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 3
Sorting Room Supervisor – ( July 2014 – December 2014) The Salvation Army – Adult Rehabilitation Center, Springfield, Illinois (USA) Supervised donated inventory, such as clothing, electronics, and bric-a-brac to rese... more 4
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 4
Floor Manager – ( 2011 – Present ) Hurricanes bar and grill, Sydney, NSW (Australia) Planned material and supervised store. Offered continuous production analysis to control forecast and capacity. Negotiated fees and supe... more 5
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 5
Ryan Beebe Education Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania Bachelor’s, International Affairs, Economics, 2017 Member of Lafayette Model United Nations Member of Lafayette Men’s Crew Team Member of Lafayette Muslim Student Association... more 6
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 6
TAX ACCOUNTING AGENT – LIBERTY TAX SERVICE DECEMBER 2016 – CURRENT // ABERDEEN (USA) TAX PREPARATION, MANAGEMENT, REVISION AND CONSULTATION, TRANSLATE ENGLISH/SPANISH, CASHTAX ACCOUNTING AGENT – TAX MAX LLC MARCH... more 7
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 7
Co-owner – ( 2001 – Present) Target Collision Inc, Erie, Pa (Usa) Performed plans to expand new and existing customer sales. Developed actions to improve the brand image. Improved brand image, product knowledge and sales re... more 8
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 8
Manager – ( 2011 – 2015) Abercrombie & Fitch , Fort smith , Ar (USA) Directed sales actions, trained sales staff and evaluated performance and results. Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges... more 9
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 9
Samantha N Tyler Work historyTeam Trainer, January 1, 2010 – 2014 Current Bojangles, Randleman, NC, United States To up hold company standards and verify that everyone is doing correct processors with the process of the food, cleaning and... more 10
- Small Business And Entrepreneurship Example 10
Amit Patel ienceOwner, April 2003 – December 2012 K. Liquor, Boynton Beach, Florida, USA Developed, supervised and executed the company strategy. Negotiated fees and supervised performance. Ensured results met clients’ expect... more