All the world is your stage, and that includes the audition for your next acting gig. To get there, though, you need a great resume that showcases your talent and experience. Your top skills should grab recruiters' attention so that the previous work and training in your history has the chance to wow them.
In such a competitive industry, every detail can be a crucial tactic for success. Using our actor resume templates as examples and the step-by-step assistance of the resume builder, you can construct a document that brings your skills to life.
Free Performing Arts Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional performing arts resumes.
How To Mention Your Actor Experience
If you want to be a successful actor, you have to gain a lot of experience. Every acting job teaches you something new about taking on the perspective of a character and portraying that character in a believable way, whether in front of a live audience or a camera. Each actor resume template uses action words and mirrors the language of the job ad to demonstrate ways to illustrate your primary takeaways from each performance:
• Develop character by studying potential motivations, background stories, and relationships with other characters in the script
• Memorize and rehearse lines to make scenes flow smoothly
• Improvise with other actors to enrich the natural appearance of the story
• Take cues from directors, crew members, and fellow actors to create a group performance that is pleasing to an audience
• Employ skills such as singing and dancing to enhance a role
Actor Resume Tips
Finding work as an actor can be a frustrating process, especially when there's a lot of competition. With an exceptional resume that follows the examples in these actor resume templates, however, you can rise above the crowd.
1. Personalize Your Actor Resume: Search each job description and match the experience section on your resume as closely as possible to what recruiters are looking for. Select keywords that you can include on your resume to mirror what they desire.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is a short, concise synopsis of who you are as an actor. Choose the skills that set you apart, and focus on those skills in while describing your professional yourself.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The people who cast actors into roles have an acute awareness of the industry. The more specific you can be about parts you've played and specific shows you've performed in, the better picture the casting director can get of your talents and capabilities.
Actor Resume Templates
Peruse the actor resume templates written by real professionals in the industry. Note what works with each document to inform your own resume's structure and content. For further guidance, you can use the resume builder at My Perfect Resume. It takes you through every step of the resume-writing process.
- Actor Example 1
Grace Deichler Technical skills Memorization, Have been in theatre for many years so learning lines and stories is second hand nature 10 years Talking, Never have been afraid to talk to someone in a crowd. Older or younger I’ve always fou... more 2
- Actor Example 2
Hailee Buenning Education Pace University, New York, New York Undergraduate, Communications, 2019 – Fremont Public High School, Fremont, Nebraska High School Diploma, General Courses, 2019 – Internships Sales management, 2015, Sycam... more 3
- Actor Example 3
Part-time, State College, PA Massage Therapy, 2006 – 2015 Since i was a child, i was taught the ways of massage therapy. My brothers took on the skill of massage therapy from their teen years on, so growing up i was able to learn ... more 4
- Actor Example 4
ry le Education and Training Southwood Academy of the Arts, N/A, AndersonSouth Carolina, United States Drama, Visual Art, Music, N/A I attended Southwood Academy of the Arts for my 6th and 7th grade year. My personal curriculum consisted ... more 5
- Actor Example 5
Assistant Director/Assistant Stage Manager, May 2013 – July 2013 Scranton Shakespeare Festival, Scranton, PA, USA Worked with director, actors, and stage technicians to produce an outdoor production of Shakespeare’s “Co... more 6
- Actor Example 6
Volunteer, Summer 2008 – Summer 2012 Rocking Horse Rehab, West Orange, New Jersey, USA I volunteered at a summer camp for children with special needs (autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc.) and performed tasks including one-o... more 7
- Actor Example 7
Heinwaiyan Lwin Education and TrainingCortez High School – 2016 Phoenix, AZ, United States N/A, N/A I am current in Sophomore year in CHS.Skills Cooking, Amateur, 2 years Solving Problems, Master, 4 years Leadership, Expert, 5 y... more 8
- Actor Example 8
Grand Island Public School, Grand Island, NE August 2008 – May 2011 : Band Teacher 5th Grade Band at Wasmer Elementary, Dodge Elementary, Gates Elementary, and Seedling Mile Elementary School. Assisted at Barr Middle School and Gran... more 9
- Actor Example 9
xtopher xnal Objective Become an actor and further the Entertainment Industry Education and Training Osceola High School, 2016, KissimmeeFL, USA Prefoming Arts, None Participated in Theater for 3 1/2 years Had 3 leading roles in the 5... more 10
- Actor Example 10
Arts Umbrella, Vancouver, British Colombia September 22, 2015 – April 26,2016 : Acting Danced in various classical ballets such as The Sleeping Beauty and Swan Lake. Performed a variety of musical pieces on a weekly basis for hotel... more