All the world is your stage, and that includes the audition for your next acting gig. To get there, though, you need a great resume that showcases your talent and experience. Your top skills should grab recruiters' attention so that the previous work and training in your history has the chance to wow them.
In such a competitive industry, every detail can be a crucial tactic for success. Using our actor resume templates as examples and the step-by-step assistance of the resume builder, you can construct a document that brings your skills to life.
Free Performing Arts Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional performing arts resumes.
How To Mention Your Actor Experience
If you want to be a successful actor, you have to gain a lot of experience. Every acting job teaches you something new about taking on the perspective of a character and portraying that character in a believable way, whether in front of a live audience or a camera. Each actor resume template uses action words and mirrors the language of the job ad to demonstrate ways to illustrate your primary takeaways from each performance:
• Develop character by studying potential motivations, background stories, and relationships with other characters in the script
• Memorize and rehearse lines to make scenes flow smoothly
• Improvise with other actors to enrich the natural appearance of the story
• Take cues from directors, crew members, and fellow actors to create a group performance that is pleasing to an audience
• Employ skills such as singing and dancing to enhance a role
Actor Resume Tips
Finding work as an actor can be a frustrating process, especially when there's a lot of competition. With an exceptional resume that follows the examples in these actor resume templates, however, you can rise above the crowd.
1. Personalize Your Actor Resume: Search each job description and match the experience section on your resume as closely as possible to what recruiters are looking for. Select keywords that you can include on your resume to mirror what they desire.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is a short, concise synopsis of who you are as an actor. Choose the skills that set you apart, and focus on those skills in while describing your professional yourself.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: The people who cast actors into roles have an acute awareness of the industry. The more specific you can be about parts you've played and specific shows you've performed in, the better picture the casting director can get of your talents and capabilities.
Actor Resume Templates
Peruse the actor resume templates written by real professionals in the industry. Note what works with each document to inform your own resume's structure and content. For further guidance, you can use the resume builder at My Perfect Resume. It takes you through every step of the resume-writing process.
Volunteer, 4/1/2017, Current, Missouri City Animal Shelter, Missouri City, Texas, United States, Talk with prospective clients about adopting animals Manage a set of animals
Manteo High School, 2017, Manteo, NC, United States, Student, Diploma, Have been in several stage Left shows throughout my high school career
Actor, Spring 2014, Spring 2016, Start High School Productions, Toledo, Ohio, United States, Performed in a total of 5 productions affiliated with my high school thespian troupe 6397. Included minor roles in ensemble as well as several principle roles in the following productions: The Drowsy Chaperone, White Christmas, MASH, Little Shop of Horrors, and Little Women. Was inducted into the International Thespian Society for my efforts.
Delivery Person, August 2015, December 2016, Fort Saskatchewan Record, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada, I bagged and delivered newspapers to approximately 100 houses every Thursday.
Cashier, 2015, 2015, Fast Food Services, Sacramento, California, United States, Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive to customers. Designed food presentation.
Buffalo Highschool, 2017, Buffalo, Minnesota, United States, Acting, Senior, I'm about to graduate from The Buffalo High school this Year
Seek to gain employment in the acting industry to improve my skills in performance and to understand what happens behind the scenes, as well as to gain experience in the workplace.
Cinderella Jr.- Mean Sister/Ensemble, March 23, 2017, May 14, 2017, Stage Door Productions, Memphis, TN, USA, Director- Lindsay Mitchell
A Raisin In The Sun, Supporting, Bobo, Academy of Media Art, ., ., Christopher Perdue, .
Dish washer, 2016, 2017, Aunte Betty's Cafe, Detroit, Michigan, USA, Took food orders, prepared sides, washed dishes
sdfadsfs, sdfasdf, sfdsdfd, fdsfsdfsds, Holland, MI - Michigan, , dsfasdf
Mary Poppins Jr., February 3, 2017, February 4, 2017, Aspire Preforming Arts, Wayne, New Jersey, United States, Played John Northbrook, a banker.
Casted and performed in, September 2016, February 2017, "Harriet Jacobs", Detroit, Michigan, , Performed different roles in the production of Harriet Jacobs at the Bonstelle Theatre.
Manager, 15/02/2013, 05/02/2017, St. Paul's Pillar Restaraunt, Paphos, Kato Paphos, Cyprus, Acquired sufficient talent in managing staff & stock, improved social skills and financial advice. Learned the importance of teamwork and the burdens of a team leader.